Mission & Objectives
It is the mission of the International Hip Dysplasia Institute to reduce the physical, social, and economic burden for children and adults affected by neonatal hip instability and developmental dislocation of the hip.
- Promote early diagnosis and prevention of hip dysplasia.
- Identify or develop safe, cost-effective treatments for developmental hip dysplasia.
- Identify and define best practices to improve outcomes with reduced risk for varying degrees of hip dysplasia.
- Develop treatments for late presentations of hip dysplasia in order to reduce the need for surgery.
- Develop collaborative international clinical research projects through web-based registry.
- Provide online educational resources for physicians, patients and families through the Institute’s website.
- Establish an international physician referral network that is accessible though the Institute’s website.
- Provide online and in-person learning experiences of best practices for interested physicians.
- Continue to find sources of funding through philanthropy to support our mission.
- Provide prevention strategies and equipment for non-operative care in developing countries.