Other Resources for Parents
Click here to view products recognized as encouraging healthy hip development.
Links to Products to Help with Hip Dysplasia
- The Parents’ Guide to Hip Dysplasia by Betsy Miller
- Cast Life: A Parents Guide to DDH by Natalie Trice and N.M.P. Clarke
- A Guide for Adults with Hip Dysplasia by Dr. Sophie West & Denise Sutherland
- Rhino products – braces and harnesses used by doctors to treat hip dysplasia
- E-Z-On Products – Restraint systems for medical transport
- Snug Seat – Large car seat that may be used with a spica cast
- Adaptivemall – adaptive equipment for children with special needs
- Hip-Rocker – rocking chair specifically for children in hip spica casts
- IvyRose Spica Chairs – Chairs are specially designed to accommodate a child in a hip spica cast.
Links to Spica Cast Care
Online Groups, Blogs, and Forums for Hip Dysplasia
- Facebook: IHDI on facebook
- Facebook: “Hip” Babies
- Facebook: I Love a Kid in a Spica Cast
- Facebook: Adult Hip Dysplasia Group
- Facebook: Hip Dysplasia Awareness Group
- Yahoo: HipBaby Group
- Blog: Abby’s Bilateral Hip Dysplasia Story
- Blog: Mia’s Miracles
- Breast Feeding Tips for Parents – Healthy Hips Australia
- Facebook: Hip Dysplasia Clothing – Baby Hip Wear
- Harness Hiders – Decorative covers for the Pavlik Harness
- Healthy Hips Australia –Clothing Harnesses/Braces & Prams
- Hip-Baby – parents website
- Hip Pose – Clothing for Pavlik and and Spica- Hip Pose
- Hip Universe – adult hip problems
- Kiek Hip Wear – Spica and harness clothing.
- Patient Advocate Foundation
- POSNA: Pediatric Orthopedic Society of North America
- Starfish Babes – Handmade oversized sleeping bags for babies with Hip Dysplasia or Clubfoot.
- STEPS: Lower limb charity located in the U.K.
- X-Ray and ultrasound information