Bruce K. Foster, MBBS, MD, FRACS
- Name: Bruce K. Foster
- Degree: MBBS, MD, FRACS
- Title / Position: Staff Specialist, Deputy Head of Unit / IHDI Medical Advisory Board Member
- Place of Employment / Office Name: Women's and Children's Hospital Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Street Address: 72 King William Road
- City: North Adelaide
- State/Province: South Australia
- Zip/Postal code: 5006
- Country: Australia
- Office phone number: 61 8 8161 7217
- Office fax number: 61 8 8161 7057
- Medical or Surgical Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery, Pediatric Orthopaedics
Professional Education and Memberships
- Medical School: Adelaide University
- Residency: Adelaide University
- Fellowship training:
Alfred I duPont Institute
- Society Memberships (list up to four only):
- Australian Paediatric Orhtopaedic Society
- Orthopaedic Research Society of North America
- Paediatric Ortrhopaedic Society of North America
- Royal Australasian College of surgeons
- Academic contributions for DDH research or education including publications:
- Pool RD, Foster BK and Paterson DC. Avascular necrosis in congenital hip dislocation. The significance of splintage.Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 68B: 3 1986, pp 427-430.
- Sundberg SB, Savage JP and Foster BK. Technetium phosphate bone scan in the diagnosis of septic arthritis in childhood Journal of Paediatric Orthopaedics, 9: 1989, pp 579-585.
- Saies AD, Foster BK and Lequesne GW. The value of a new ultrasound stress test in assessment and treatment of clinically detected hip instability. Journal of Paediatric Orthopaedics, 8: 4 1988, pp. 436-441.
- Foster BK. Paediatric hip and pelvis disorders. In: Current Opinion in Paediatrics. Current Science, 1993, 5: 3.
- Foster BK. Initial Screening and Diagnosis of and Referral for Developmental dysplasia of the Hip. Orthopaedics 1995; pp 80-82.
- Chan A, Cundy PJ, Foster BK, Keane RJ, Byron-Scott R. (1999). Late diagnosis of congenital dislocation of the hip and presence of a screening programme: South Australian population-based study. Lancet 354, 1514-1517.
- Chan A, Cundy PJ, Foster BK, Keane R, Byron-Scott R. “Screening for congenital dislocation of the hip”. Lancet, Vol 355, Jan 15 2000; pp232-233.
- Chan A, Foster BK, Cundy PJ. Problems in the diagnosis of neonatal hip instability. ACTA Paediatrica 2001; 90:836-839.
- Age groups you are accepting new hip dysplasia patients: Infants and children, Adolescents, Adults