Deborah M. Eastwood, MB, ChB, FRCS
- Name: Deborah M. Eastwood
- Degree: MB, ChB, FRCS
- Title / Position: Attending Physician
- Place of Employment / Office Name: Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
- Street Address: Great Ormond Street
- City: London
- Zip/Postal code: WC1N 3JH
- Country: United Kingdom
- Office phone number: 44 207 405 920 ext 8240
- Office fax number: 44 207 267 9326
- Medical or Surgical Specialty: Pediatric Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Surgery
Professional Education and Memberships
- Medical School: University of Birmingham, UK
- Residency: Birmingham and Bristol Progrrammes, UK
- Fellowship training:
Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne
- Society Memberships (list up to four only):
- British Society for Children’s Orthopaedic Surgery
- European Pediatric Orthopaedic Society (President 2013-2014)
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Specific training in hip dysplasia:
Consult practice for > 15 years and attendance at appropriate courses/meetings.
- Academic contributions for DDH research or education including publications:
- Laborie LB, Engesæter IØ, Lehmann TG, Eastwood DM, Engesæter LB, Rosendahl K. Screening strategies for hip dysplasia: long-term outcome of a randomized controlled trial.Pediatrics. 2013 Sep;132(3):492-501.
- Sanghrajka AP, Murnaghan CF, Shekkeris A, Eastwood DM. Open reduction for developmental dysplasia of the hip: failures of screening or failures of treatment? Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2013 Mar;95(2):113-7.
- Sewell MD, Eastwood DM. Screening and treatment in developmental dysplasia of the hip-where do we go from here? Int Orthop. 2011 Sep;35(9):1359-67.
- Eastwood DM, de Gheldere A. Clinical examination for developmental dysplasia of the hip in neonates: how to stay out of trouble. BMJ. 2010 May 12;340:c1965.
- Sewell MD, Rosendahl K, Eastwood DM. Developmental dysplasia of the hip. BMJ. 2009 Nov 24;339:b4454
- Optional Personal Statement: IHDI commentary: Dr. Eastwood is a distinguished pediatric orthopedic surgeon who has contributed to our knowledge of hip dysplasia. She has served in many capacities, including a term as President of the European Pediatric Orthopaedic Society. We are pleased to count Dr. Eastwood as an IHDI Physician contributor.
- Age groups you are accepting new hip dysplasia patients: Infants and children, Adolescents