James R. Kasser, MD
- Name: James R. Kasser
- Degree: MD
- Title / Position: Orthopaedic Surgeon-in-Chief / IHDI Medical Advisory Board Member
- Place of Employment / Office Name: Boston Children's Hospital
- Street Address: 300 Longwood Avenue
- City: Boston
- State/Province: Massachusetts
- Zip/Postal code: 02115-5724
- Country: United States
- Office phone number: 617.355.6021
- Office fax number: 617.739.3338
- Medical or Surgical Specialty: Pediatric Orthopaedics
Professional Education and Memberships
- Medical School: Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency: Maine Medical Center, Tufts New England Medical Center
- Fellowship training:
Alfred I duPont Institute
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons,
- Society Memberships (list up to four only):
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Academic Orthopaedic Society
- Academic contributions for DDH research or education including publications:
- Kasser JR, Bowen JR, MacEwen, GD. Varus osteotomy for persistent dysplasia in CDH. J Bone Joint Surg 1985; 67A:195-203.
- Mooney J, Kasser J. Brachial plexus palsy with Pavlik harness. J Pediatr Orthop 1994; 14(5): 677-9.
- Hangen DH, Kasser JR, Emans JB, Millis MB. The Pavlik harness and developmental dysplasia of the hip: has ultrasound changed treatment patterns? J Pediatr Orthop 1995; 15:47-52.
- Smith BG, Millis MB, Hey LA, Jaramillo D, Kasser JR. Postreduction computed tomography in developmental dislocation of the hip: part I: analysis of measurement reliability. J Pediatr Orthop 1997; 17:626-30.
- Smith BG, Millis MB, Hey LA, Jaramillo D, Kasser JR. Postreduction computed tomography in developmental dislocation of the hip: part II: predictive value for outcome. J Pediatr Orthop 1997; 17:631
- Poss, R, Mabrey, J, Gillogly, S, Kasser, J, Sweeney, H, Zarins, B, Garrett, W, Cannon, D, Johnston, R, and Harrast, J: The Emerging Impact of the Information Age on Orthopaedic Surgery.J Bone Joint Surg, 2000, Vol. 82-A, No. 10, 1494-1509.
- Lerman JA, Emans JB, Millis MB, Share J, Zurakowski D, Kasser JR. Early failure of Pavlik harness treatment for developmental hip dysplasia: clinical and ultrasound predictors. J Pediatr Orthop 2001; 21:348-53.
- Hedequist D, Kasser J, Emans J. Use of an abduction orthosis for DDH following failed Pavlik harness use. J Pediatr Orthop 2003; 23(2):175-177.
- Mahan S, Kasser JR. Does swaddling influence developmental dysplasia of the hip? Pediatrics 2008;121;177-178
- Mahan S, Kasser JR. Safe swaddling and health hips: don’t toss the baby out with the bathwater: in reply. Pediatrics 2008;121;1077.
- Age groups you are accepting new hip dysplasia patients: Infants and children, Adolescents