Jose A. Herrera-Soto, MD
- Name: Jose A. Herrera-Soto
- Degree: MD
- Title / Position: Director Pediatric Orthopaedics / IHDI Medical Advisory Board Member
- Place of Employment / Office Name: Arnold Palmer Hospital Center for Orthopaedics
- Street Address: 1222 S. Orange Avenue, 5th Floor
- City: Orlando
- State/Province: Florida
- Zip/Postal code: 32606
- Country: United States
- Office phone number: 321.841.3040
- Office fax number: 321.841.3049
- Medical or Surgical Specialty: Pediatric Orthopaedics
Professional Education and Memberships
- Medical School: University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine
- Fellowship training:
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, AO Hip Surgery
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons,
- Society Memberships (list up to four only):
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North Americe
European Pediatric Orthopaedic Society
Scoliosis Research Society
- Specific training in hip dysplasia:
Ganz osteotomy and surgical dislocation training visit Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, Ganz osteotomy and surgical dislocation training visit at Boston Children’s Hospital, AO Hip Surgery Fellowship Insespital, Berne, Switzerland
- Academic contributions for DDH research or education including publications:
- Herrera-Soto JA, Do TT, Crawford AH: Buoyancy of Synthetic Cast and its Implications to Young Patients. J Pediatr Orthop. 2005; 25(3):366-8.
- Herrera-Soto JA, Charles T. Price, The Presence of Bilateral Hip Dysplasia and Genu Valgum in Fraser Syndrome, Orthopedics 2008, 31:38.
- Herrera-Soto JA, Crawford AH: Shelf arthoplasty of the Hip”: In Master Techniques in Orthopedic Surgery- Pediatrics Volume; Tolo and Skaggs (eds): Lippincott, Williams &Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2008.Chapter 14: pp 165-174.
- Flynn JM, Ramirez N, Betz R, Mulcahey MJ, Pino F, Herrera-Soto JA, Carlo S, Cornier AS. Steel syndrome: dislocated hips and radial heads, carpal coalition, scoliosis, short stature, and characteristic facial features. J Pediatr Orthop. 2010 Apr-May;30(3):282-8.
- Wright PB, Ruder J, Birnbaum MA, Phillips JH, Herrera-Soto JA, Knapp DR. Outcomes after salvage procedures for the painful dislocated hip in cerebral palsy. J Pediatr Orthop. 2013 Jul-Aug;33(5):505-10.
- Age groups you are accepting new hip dysplasia patients: Infants and children, Adolescents