Leo Donnan, MBBS, FRACS
- Name: Leo Donnan
- Degree: MBBS, FRACS
- Title / Position: Associate Professor
- Place of Employment / Office Name: Royal Childrens Hospital
- Street Address: Fleming
- City: Melbourne
- State/Province: Victoria
- Zip/Postal code: 3051
- Country: Australia
- Office phone number: 61 3 932203330
- Office fax number: 61 3 9329 4969
- Medical or Surgical Specialty: Pediatric Orthopaedics
Professional Education and Memberships
- Medical School: University of Melbourne
- Residency: Victoria Training Program
- Fellowship training:
Victoria Training Program
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Society Memberships (list up to four only):
- Specific training in hip dysplasia:
Fellowship Level Training in Paediatrics and Limb Reconstruction
- Academic contributions for DDH research or education including publications:
- “Idiopathic Chondrolysis of the Hip.” L.T.Donnan and B Einoder. Australian and New Zealand J Surg, (1996) 66, 569-571.
- The Paediatric Musculoskeletal Examination. L.T.Donnan. Patient Skills: Teaching Video (1998); University of Sheffield Television Production Unit.
- The Paediatric Musculoskeletal Examination. L.T.Donnan. Examination: Teaching Video (1998); University of Sheffield Television Production Unit.
- The Paediatric Musculoskeletal Examination. L.T.Donnan. Observational Gait Analysis: Teaching Video (1999); University of Sheffield Television Production Unit.
- “Complications and patient satisfaction after periacetabular pelvic osteotomy.” Biedermann R, Donnan L, Gabriel A, Wachter R, Krismer M, Behensky H. Int Orthop. (2007) 32(5):611-617.
- “Peri-acetabular external fixation for hip disease: an anatomical study.” Brown S, Lasrado I, Donnan L. Strat Traum Limb Recon. (2007)Dec.;2(2-3):69–75.
- “Ligamentum teres tenodesis in medial approach open reduction for developmental dysplasia of the hip.” Bache E, Graham K, Dickens D, Donnan L, Johnson M, Nattrass G, O’Sullivan M, Torode I. J Pediatr Orthop B. (2008) Sep;28(6).
- “Technology Mediated Learning in Healthcare: When a Picture Paints a Thousand Words.” Donnan L, Beischer A, Cornoiu A, De Steiger R, Graves S, Richardson M. Health Infomatics Society of Australia.(2008) Aug: 1-5.
- “The Practical use of Multimedia Technology to Facilitate the Education of Patients with Plantar Fasciitis.” Beischer AD, Clarke A, De Steiger RN. Donnan L, Ibuki A, Unglik R. FAS, Feb, (2008).
- “Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip.” Donnan L, Angliss R, Vu M. Australian Doctor, (2008), Oct.
- Bone Biology. K W Ng, E Romas, L Donnan, D Findlay. Bailliere’s Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism Vol 11, No 1: pp 1-22 1997.
- Optional Personal Statement: I have focused on refining the programmatic approach to DDH with an emphasis of the training and education of advanced practitioners in physiotherapy and nursing. Have undertaken major educational initiatives to improve primary care diagnosis and management of DDH and more recently addressing the issue of swaddling. A number of long term follow-up studies of the medial open reduction approach and am currently undertaking work to define appropriate follow-up guidelines for hip dysplasia
- Age groups you are accepting new hip dysplasia patients: Infants and children, Adolescents, Adults