Scott J. Mubarak, MD
- Name: Scott J. Mubarak
- Degree: MD
- Title / Position: Chief of Division of Pediatric Orthopedics Rady Children's Hospital, Clinical Professor, Dept. of Orthopedics University of California San Diego / IHDI Medical Advisory Board Member
- Place of Employment / Office Name: Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego, CA
- Street Address: 3030 Children's Way, Suite 410
- City: San Diego
- State/Province: California
- Zip/Postal code: 92123
- Country: United States
- Office phone number: 858.966.6789.
- Office fax number: 858.495.8519
- Medical or Surgical Specialty: Pediatric Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Surgery
Professional Education and Memberships
- Medical School: University of Wisconsin Medical School
- Residency: University of California, San Diego Medical Center
- Fellowship training:
Children’s Orthopaedics / Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Society Memberships (list up to four only):
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Canadian Orthopaedic Association
- Academic contributions for DDH research or education including publications:
- Mubarak, SJ, Garfin, SR, Vance, R, McKinnon, B, and Sutherland, DH: Pitfalls in the Use of the Pavlik Harness for Treatment of Congenital Dysplasia, Subluxation and Dislocation of the Hip. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 63-A: 1239-1248, 1981
- Mubarak, SJ, Garfin, SR, Vance, R, McKinnon, B, Sutherland, DH: Pitfalls in the Use of the Pavlik Harness for Treatment of Congenital Dysplasia, Subluxation and Dislocation of the Hip. Orthotics and Prosthetics, 36:13-22, 1983.
- Manjarris, JF, and Mubarak, SJ: Avascular Necrosis of the Femoral Heads Following Bilateral Iliopsoas and Adductor Releases Via the Medial Approach to the Hip. J. Ped. Orth 4:109-110, 1984
- Mubarak, SJ, Beck, LR, Sutherland, D: Home Traction in the Management of Congenital Dislocation of the Hips. J. Ped Ortho, 6: 721-723, 1986.
- Mubarak, SJ, Leach, JL, Wenger, DR: Management of Congenital Dislocation of the Hip in the Infant. Contemporary Orthopedics, 15: 29-44, 1987.
- Davids, JR, Benson, LJ, Mubarak, SJ, McNeil, N: Ultrasonography and Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip: A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Three Delivery Systems. J. Ped. Ortho., 15: 325-329, 1995.
- Mubarak, SJ, Bialik, V: Arnold Pavlik: The Man and His Method. JPO, 23:342-346, 2003.
- Weinstein, SL, Mubarak, SJ, Wenger, DW: Developmenetal Hip Dysplasia and Dislocation, Part I. Selected Instructional Course Lecture, AAOS. JBJS, 85-A:1824-32, Sept. 2003.
- Weinstein, SL, Mubarak, SJ, Wenger, DR: Developmental Hip Dysplasia and Dislocation, Part II. Selected Instructional Course Lecture, AAOS. JBJS, 85-A:2024-2035, 2003.
- Wenger, DR, Mubarak, SJ, Henderson, P, Miyanji, F: Ligamentum teres maintenance and transfer as a stabilizer in open reduction for pediatric hip dislocation: Surgical Technique and Early Clinical Results. Journal of Children’s Orthopedics, 2:177-185, 2008.
- Swaroop, VT, Mubarak, SJ: Difficult-to-Treat Ortolani-Positive Hip: Improved Success with New Treatment Protocol. Journal of Pediatric Orthopedics, 3:224-230, 2009.
- Imrie, M, Scott, V, Stearns,P, Bastrom, T, Mubarak, SJ: Is Ultrasound screening for DDH in Babies Born Breech Sufficient? Journal of Children’s Orthopedics, Published Online, Nov., 2009.
- Age groups you are accepting new hip dysplasia patients: Infants and children, Adolescents