Travis H. Matheney, MD, MLA
- Name: Travis H. Matheney
- Degree: MD, MLA
- Title / Position: Assistant Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery / IHDI Medical Advisory Board Member
- Place of Employment / Office Name: Boston Children's Hospital
- Street Address: 300 Longwood Avenue
- City: Boston
- State/Province: Massachusetts
- Zip/Postal code: 02115
- Country: United States
- Office phone number: 617.355.8346
- Office fax number: 617.730.0321
- Medical or Surgical Specialty: Pediatric Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Surgery
Professional Education and Memberships
- Medical School: Dartmouth Medical School
- Residency: Mass General Hospital, Harvard Combined Residency Program
- Fellowship training:
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery Boston Children’s Hospital, Zimbler Pediatric Orhtopaedic Traveling Fellow Australia and New Zealand
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Society Memberships (list up to four only):
- Pediatric Orttopaedic Society of North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Academic contributions for DDH research or education including publications:
- Rebello G, Zilkens C, Dudda M, Matheney T, Kim YJ. Triple pelvic osteotomy in complex hip dysplasia seen in neuromuscular and teratologic conditions. J Ped Ortho. 2009 Sep;29(6):527-34.
- Matheney TH, Kim YJ, Zurakowski D, Matero C, Millis MB. Mid- to long-term results following bernese periacetabular osteotomy and predictors of clinical outcomes. J Bone Joint Surg. 2009;91:2113-23.
- Jäger M, Behringer M, Zilkens C, Matheney T, Krauspe R. Initial increased wear debris of XLPE-A(2)0 (3) bearing in total hip arthroplasties. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2010 Mar 21. [EPub ahead of print]
- Difazio R, Vessey J, Zurakowski D, Hresko MT, Matheney TH. Incidence of skin complications and associated charges in children treated with hip spica casts for femur fractures. J Ped Ortho 2011, Jan-Feb;31(1):17-22.
- Matheney TH, Kim YJ, Zurakowski D, Matero C, Millis MB. Mid- to long-term results following bernese periacetabular osteotomy and predictors of clinical outcomes: Surgical Technique. J Bone Joint Surg. 2010;92 Suppl 1 Part 2:115-29.
- Matheney TH,Sandell L, Foucher K, Lamontagne M, Grodzinsky AJ, Peters CL. Motion analysis, cartilage mechanics, and biology in femoroacetabular impingement:Current understanding and areas of future research. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2013;21 Suppl 1:S27-32.
- Matheney TH. How to choose the right patient for correction of acetabular dysplasia after skeletal maturity. J Ped Ortho 2013, Jul-Aug; 33 Suppl 1:S13-20.
- Sankar WN, Matheney TH, Zaltz I. Femoroacetabular impingement: Current concepts and controversies. Ortho Clin North Am 2013, Oct;44(4):575-89.
- Matheny TH, Kim YJ. Hip, Pelvis, and Femur: Pediatrics. Orthopaedic Knowledge Update 9. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2008, pp.715-726.
- Matheney TH, Snyder B. The Chiari Osteotomy. Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 2011, Vol 2, pp. 1552-58.
- Matheney TH, Millis MB. The Bernese Periacetabular Osteotomy. Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 2011, Vol 2, pp. 1559-68.
- Matheney TH, Millis MB. Bernese Periacetabular Osteotomy. Operative Techniques: Pediatric Orthopaedics. Philadelphia: Elsevier, 2011, pp. 211-30.
- Matheney TH, Millis MB. The Bernese Periacetabular Osteotomy. Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery. 2nd Ed. In press.
- Age groups you are accepting new hip dysplasia patients: Infants and children, Adolescents, Adults