Wudbhav N. Sankar, MD
- Name: Wudbhav N. Sankar
- Degree: MD
- Title / Position: Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon, Assistant Professor Orthopaedic Surgery University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine / IHDI Medical Advisory Board Member / Member Hip Preservation Advisory Board
- Place of Employment / Office Name: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Street Address: 34th and Civic Center, 2nd Floor, Wood Bldg.
- City: Philadelphia
- State/Province: Pennsylvania
- Zip/Postal code: 19104
- Country: United States
- Office phone number: 215.590.1527
- Office fax number: 215.590.1501
- Medical or Surgical Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery, Pediatric Orthopaedics
Professional Education and Memberships
- Medical School: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency: Hospital of the University of Pennylvania
- Fellowship training:
Shriners Hospitals for Children Los Angeles, Boston Children’s Hospital
American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia: view profile here
- Society Memberships (list up to four only):
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Academic contributions for DDH research or education including publications:
- Gans I, Flynn JM, Sankar WN. Abduction bracing for residual acetabular dysplasia in infantile DDH. J Pediatr Orthop. 2013 Oct-Nov;33(7):714-8. doi: 10.1097/BPO.0b013e31829d5704.
- Sankar WN, Nevitt M, Parvizi J, Felson DT, Agricola R, Leunig M. Femoroacetabular impingement: Defining the condition and its role in the pathophysiology of osteoarthritis. Journal of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 21:S7-S15, 2013
- Sankar WN. Complete redirectional acetabular osteotomies for neurogenic and syndromic hip dysplasia. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. 33 Suppl 1:S39-S44, 2013
- Baldwin KD, Bernstein J, Ahn J, McKay SD, Sankar WN. Level of evidence gap in orthopedic research. Orthopedics, 35(9):1416-1419, 2012
- Sankar WN, Laird CT, Baldwin KD. Hip Range of Motion in Children: What is the Norm? Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, 32(4):399-405, 2012.
- Sankar WN, Beck NA, Brewer JM, Baldwin KD, Pretell JA. Isolated distal radial metaphyseal fractures with an intact ulna: risk factors for loss of reduction. Journal of Children’s Orthopaedics 5(6):459-464, 2011.
- Sankar WN, Millis MB, Kim YJ. The unstable Down syndrome hip: improved results with complete redirectional acetabular osteotomy. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Am, 93(20):1924-33, 2011.
- Sankar WN, Young CR, Lin AG, Crow SA, Baldwin KD, Moseley CF. Risk factors for failure after open reduction for DDH: a matched cohort analysis. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, 31(3):232-239, 2011.
- Sankar WN, Neubuerger CO, Moseley CF. Femoral head sphericity in untreated developmental dislocation of the hip. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, 30(6):558-561, 2010
- Sankar WN, Tang E, Moseley CF. Predictors of the need for femoral shortening osteotomy during open treatment of DDH. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, 29(8):868-871, 2009.
- Sankar WN, Weiss J, Skaggs DL. Orthopaedic conditions in the newborn. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 17:112-122, 2009.
- Sankar WN, Spiegel DA, Gregg JR, Sennett BJ. Long-term follow-up after one-stage reconstruction of dislocated hips in patients with cerebral palsy. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics 26(1):1-7, 2006.
- Al-Omari A, Sankar WN, Dormans J. Avascular (Aseptic) necrosis of the femoral head (hip) in Schwartz W, Ed. The 5-minute pediatric consult. 6th edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2012.
- Sankar WN, Horn BD, Wells L, Dormans JP. The Hip (Chapter 670) in Behrman RE, Kliegman R, and Jenson HB Eds. Nelson’s Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th edition, Elsevier, Philadelphia, 2011.
- Sankar WN, Millis MB. Surgical dislocation of the hip (Chapter 17) in Kocher MS, Millis MB Eds. Operative Techniques: Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery. 1st Edition, Elsevier, Philadelphia, 2011.
- Age groups you are accepting new hip dysplasia patients: Infants and children, Adolescents, Adults